The Southwest Center for Arithmetic Geometry
The science library is located west of the lecture hall on the south side of the mall. Hours this week:
- 12-6 Saturday
- closed Sunday
- 8-5 Monday - Friday
Student union (restaurants, copying, bank, travel agent, ...)
The student union is located west of the lecture hall on the north side of the mall. Hours this week:
- building 8-8 all week
- restaurants closed Saturday and Sunday
- restaurants open for lunch Monday - Friday
The Desert Museum excursion will leave from near the lecture hall at about 1 pm on Tuesday and return at about 5 pm. The cost is $5 if you go with the group, $12 otherwise. Sign up with Sandy Braun outside the lecture hall on Saturday or Monday morning.
The banquet will take place on Wednesday at the hotel, starting at 6 pm. The cost is $15 . Sign up with Sandy Braun outside the lecture hall on Saturday or Monday morning.
- in the lecture hall: UAWireless network
- in hotel guest rooms: free wired (ethernet) access
- in the hotel working room: by reservation only. Several open acess laptops will be available.
Several computers (3 GHz P4 with 4GB RAM) have been set up for project work:
- You can connect via ssh or vnc
- If you are working on a project, you have an account, with username equal to your last name (all lowercase). Ask the organizers for a password.